The client requested a smart office solution for employee use and for general office management, for a total of 27 floors across two London office buildings. The focus areas specified by the client were flexi-desk and meeting room utilisation (Phase 1) and indoor air quality monitoring (Phase 2). The solution also had to integrate with iOFFICE
Employees needed a quicker way of checking whether flexi-desks or meeting rooms were available. They also needed a way of remotely booking desks and meeting rooms, to save time walking around to look for available spaces. The client also wanted to monitor the air quality in meeting rooms and common areas.
IAconnects provided a MobiusFlow based smart office solution in partnership with iOFFICE, enabling employees to check individual and multiple desk and meeting room availability via the iOFFICE Digital Workforce Application and Hummingbird Mobile App.
- MobiusFlow IoT Edge Gateway
- MobiusFlow Cloud
- Multi-Protocol Gateway Connectors
- iOFFICE Digital Workforce Application
- iOFFICE Hummingbird Mobile Application
- 3500+ Desk occupancy sensors to show which desks are available
- Presence detection sensors for meeting rooms and communal areas
- Air Quality (Temperature, Humidity, CO2 and VOC) sensors which will push alerts to the building and office managers informing them when levels are too high, and action needs to be taken.
The client was able to quickly view and book available desks or meeting rooms through the iOFFICE Digital Workplace and Hummingbird mobile applications, using multiple protocols and the best of breed devices to create the solution. The option to view the temperature, humidity and CO2 levels in different areas of the office is also a useful tool for employees to have at their disposal. Working in an area with at a preferential temperature can help improve an individual’s wellbeing and work rate. The feedback regarding the initial PoC was extremely positive, and the client decided to install the solution for all 27 floors across two buildings.